[CQ-Contest] CQWW CW - 10m

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:39:21 PST 2009

During the CQWW SSB, I heard one station on 15 make an interesting comment
that is worth passing along.  Once the sun is shining all day, it tends to
ionize the atmosphere and 10 starts to come to life.

Bottom line being - start checking in the afternoon - say around 1900 Z in
NA.  Opening will last several hours, and once the sun moves on, 10 is done
for another day.  Maybe a couple of hours this time of year...

During the CQWW CW, there was some short skip on Sunday - managed to work
some SA and Carribean (this is "normal"), but also managed to worked a
couple of stations in NA as well.  This has not been the case previously.
Opening on Sunday was better than Saturday.

Will be interesting to see how 10 is in a couple of weeks during the 10
meter contest!

Tom - VE3CX