[CQ-Contest] Do We ever need this?

Gediminas Lucinskas LY3BA at takas.lt
Sun Oct 18 14:43:41 PDT 2009

Hi!

When We read recent CQ WW DX Contest rules changes, e.g.

"8. A competitor who wishes to be
judged for a top score in their category
must agree to a potential visitation at any
time during the contest by an observer
appointed by the CQ WW Contest Committee.
Failure of the entrant to respond
to our correspondence or to allow an
observer full access to the contest QTH
may result in the competitor being removed
from award eligibility for 3 years.",

We expect contesters announcing somewhere their Contest plans in advance, especially those intending to operate Low Power, QRPp, claiming unassisted.
Folowing this logic I did try to announce my plans for the nearest CQ WW DX on the Bill's, NG3K WEB http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqs2009.html last week. Only few days later I discovered that this WEB http://www.ng3k.com/Contest/consub.html is created only for the announcing some sort of DX operations in the Contest, DX'peditions. We can see following words on the Bill's WEB:
"Sorry, but for the most part I can't include SO operations from the more common entities, except in the case of unusual call signs, rarer zones (e.g. CQ zones 02, 19, 23, 29), or other factors likely, in my judgment, to be of interest to the Contest/DX community. To do so would overwhelm the lists with items of little interest to most users and would make list maintenance too time consuming for me. I hope you will understand."

So, I wonder how Contest Committee will know about someones "wishes to be judged for a top score in their category"?
I don't see any request in the rules to inform Committee or Contest community about these wishes, I can't find right place on the WEB where contesters may share their contest plans. Do We ever need this?
Perhaps I'm missing something?

73! Gedas, LY9A  SO AB LP Unassisted in CQ WW DX SSB 2009