[CQ-Contest] Using Acom 2S1 Commutator with HB Amp?

Juha Rantanen oh6xx at kolumbus.fi
Wed Oct 21 02:18:00 PDT 2009

Hi,

I need to connect an Acom 2S1 Commutator to a home made amplifier in the forthcoming CQWW. The amp doesn't have a KEY OUT connector as many older amps and most HB amps don't. How do I connect the keying daisy chain from commutator to amplifier and back? Normally it goes from commutator KEY OUT to amplifiers KEY IN and amplifiers KEY OUT to commutators KEY IN. Can I just use an Y-connector at the amplifiers end in the KEY IN connector?

73,
Juha OH6XX