[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Operation Announcement - Suggestion

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Wed Oct 21 14:46:36 PDT 2009

I'm a rare poster to cq-contest, but either I missed something or this
thread is off track...

I see nothing in the CQWW rules that requires advance registration, although
there is language that might -- with some imagination -- imply such a
requirement. Perhaps a clarification from the CQWW Committee is in order, as
no further explanation is present on the CQWW Web site.

Next, as part of the discussion, I offer two notes from my own contesting
history:

1) In 2001, with disturbed conditions changing the game, I somehow managed
to place #2 US, 40M Single Band High Power. There is no way I would have
expected to be a top scorer in my category.

2) In this past January's CQWW 160M CW contest I did very, very well in the
QRP category. Prior to the contest, I had not planned a maximum competitive
effort, but the great conditions sucked me in.

Sometimes we get lucky -- a DQ solely because of an unclear advance notice
requirement would be a bit disappointing.

Gary
K9AY