[CQ-Contest] Arizona Outlaws Contest Club Mourns Loss of C6APR Contest Crew

BobK8IA at aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 04:13:59 PDT 2009

(This will be on AOCC website later today, 10/22. It is what I sent to our
members - 73, Bob K8IA)

AOCC Mourns Loss of C6APR Contest Crew

The Arizona Outlaws  Contest Club mourn the October 21 loss of W3PP, K3IXD,
W2GJ and K4QO. These  veteran contesters had just lifted off on the W2GJ
aircraft, bound for FL and  then C6 for CQWW DX SSB Contest, when the plane
suddenly crashed into a heavily  wooded area near Somerville, SC. There were
no survivors.

Thru the years,  many of us worked those operators, from many locations,
and knew them for their  contest prowess. Some of us knew  them on a more
personal basis as well.  They will be sorely missed.

To honor their contest lives, multiop AOCC  club station N7AT will observe
a minute of silence at the beginning of the CQ  Worldwide DX SSB contest
this weekend. We encourage the other Outlaws to  remember them as well, in
whatever way you chose.

RIP Dallas, Ed, Pete  and Jim!

73,Bob K8IA, President
Arizona Outlaws Contest  Club