[CQ-Contest] Self Spoting

Jack Brindle jackbrindle at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 26 11:28:30 PDT 2009

 From the ARRL General Contesting rules:

3.10. The use of non-Amateur Radio means of communication (for
example, Internet or telephone) to solicit a contact (or contacts)
during the contest period is not permitted.

3.14. In contests where spotting nets are permissible, spotting your
own station or requesting another station to spot you is not permitted.

These pretty much rule out self-spotting in any ARRL contest.

Self-spotting is bad practice no matter how you shake it. Just don't
do it.

Jack Brindle, W6FB