[CQ-Contest] Why we do CQ WW

N9NC Tom n9nc-cqww at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 26 17:47:35 PDT 2009

In today's always online, instant gratification, what's new right now world,
CQ WW is just great -

It has parts of that which we do crave, but adds the challenge and intrigue
of propagation, sunspots,

QRM, competition, etc, and more important,

it connects us in ways that maybe only us participants can understand
(experience):

It's time limited yet timeless, it's frame of reference being this contest
along with all the ones before.

It's borderless yet borders matter (mults).

It's highly competitive yet all players win (something) - otherwise they
wouldn't be there to work.

Probably too many sleep deprivation induced musings, but CQ WW is
exceptional

or we wouldn't keep doing it.   Something for further study.

73 and see you in CQ WW CW,

Tom  N9NC