[CQ-Contest] Self spotting

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 06:10:26 PDT 2009

I'm thinking a couple weeks out... to SS cw...and considering...

just exactly how this plays out...

trying to get wrapped around it, to increase my amount of enjoyment, not necessarily the score.

  So.. since I don't do spotting... except on occassion on a qrp site... and I plan to do some SS... qrp... I think it would be wonderful to know that there are stations on .... over there... and over that a way.... and way over there... and not so far down there....

too bad we don't have a map.. that shows station activity.. without the information that says what freq.... just that there are 67 from Wy on... 23 from NY... 155 from De... and 439 from VE7.... adjust the numbers to the correct value for your enjoyment.

  Would that be a self spot then? A qrm free automatic CQ machine? with the information limited to yes... N6TR is on the air.. from ... VE1.... and KH6 is on from KL7... but without the freq info... just a map, or listing. Better with a red dot on a map... if the number is over 5 per section.

  See what happens when I get up early... and build radios?

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy