[CQ-Contest] self spotting

K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:39:44 PDT 2009

>.... let's say I am off in the Indian Ocean and I know lots of people
> would want to work me, if they were listening for me...  but I can't
> get anyone to find me without a spot.

What you're saying above, Tree, is that dependence on "the spot" has become
so ubiquitous that the mainstream contester is no longer likely to search
out that "stray mult in the wilderness" unless he fires flares to draw
attention to his location.

You're not making a case for self-spotting.....  you're making a case for
turning off the spotting machine.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his Radio"