[CQ-Contest] Self spotting (more)

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:20:11 PDT 2009

KT1B eminds us "Spotting, bigger antennas, more power, computer logging,
better antennas, etc are all tools to work more stations in a given amount
of time."

Yes, and dynamite is a way to catch more fish in a given amount of time.*
But as new technology comes along we adjust the rules to retain the essence
of the game.  And then we spend years discussing just what IS the essence
:>)

73, Art K3KU

*Off-topic reminiscence:  Speaking of fishing with dynamite reminds me of
where I lived when I was a kid; the same place I finished my career --
Indian Head, MD, on the Potomac River.  The Navy industrial facility there
sometimes had explosive tests in the river.  Lots of dead fish floating up
on the shore.  The occasional beachcomber would collect the fish for food.
Of course, the polution in the Potomac probably killed a lot of fish, too.