[CQ-Contest] Q Code for Spotters

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Oct 29 06:46:02 PDT 2009

Some contesters don't like being spotted, because the
resultant pileup slows their rate.  Others, like myself,
think it's our birthday when we have two or more callers.

For most of us, being spotted confers a huge advantage,
but we're not allowed to spot ourselves and we can't ask
anyone else to do it - it's entirely at the whim of others.

To help those kind people to know when it's appropriate
to spot, I propose the Q-Code QSM as an alternative to
QSL or Roger or Thanks. It does not mean "Please Spot Me",
because that would be against the rules - written or
unwritten. It means "I have no objection to being spotted".

No QSM heard, don't spot - otherwise it's your choice.

73,
Paul EI5DI