[CQ-Contest] Shack Lighting Ideas

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 29 17:36:06 PDT 2009

What are your opinions on shack lighting for contests?

What is proven to be less tiring on the eyes and keep one awake (excited mentally) and promote attentiveness and alertness.

I was thinking of what we use to use in the Navy in the OPS Room on board the Air Craft Carrier.

We had red lights. They said that it was the best to see the screens and boards by and you did not have to take 20 mins for your
eyes to adjust once you went outside and came back in the OPS room.

Any other ideas or opinions gratefully accepted.

Bob AD5VJ