[CQ-Contest] DX Spotting Web Sites????

K1TTT K1TTT at ARRL.NET
Wed Sep 2 15:09:41 PDT 2009

> > Other than DX Summit ... what other DX Spotting web sites are available
> in
> > North America...US of A...or close to Kansas?  Just wondering.  I could
> not
> > find a site like Summit on this continent.  Or, so you have to use
> Telnet
> > like VE7CC?
> >
> > Lee - K0WA

of course, that is the fastest and most reliable way to get spots.  Web
sites are known to overload and slow down or crash during contests.  The new
dxsummit may be better, but the old one often had problems.  The telnet
cluster network is way over connected so the same spots are basically
available everywhere, it delivers spots in real time instead of when you
query the web page, and most nodes provide filtering all sorts of different
ways.  Most contest loggers also do telnet natively so there is no need to
have another program in the middle.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net