[CQ-Contest] Georgia QSO Party This Coming Weekend

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Sun Apr 4 18:46:11 PDT 2010

Hello all:

Next weekend will be the annual Ga QSO Party.  We invite all hams to
participate.  There are many plaques, certificates, and special prizes,
including QRP certificates.  Georgia has the second largest number of
counties in the US:  159.  Many are small and our mobiles can cover a
lot of counties.  All information can found on or by links from the GA
QSO Party website:  http://gqp.contesting.com/index.htm.  Links are
available for rules, county abbreviations list, logging programs,
summary sheet, etc.  Note that there is a free GQP logging program
provided by W4GKF.

We have commitments for coverage for all 159 counties.  No one has yet
worked them all in one weekend, but this should be the year!  Many fixed
stations will be QRV.  The SECC club memorial call, W4AN, will be QRV
from the NQ4I M/M station on Saturday.  Mobiles expected this year
include:W5JR (Sunday), KN4Y, N4FD, KC4HW, NE4S, NM2L, N0TW/KA3FZO, W4JO,
W4NZ (with addl ops) K0EJ, N5WR, and K4VIG), W4QO, W3DYA, N4XGI, K4BAI
(with KU8E), WD4DX, and possibly ND4V. Others will also be welcome.

Many clubs and groups will be operating as well as the big M/M from W4AN
at NQ4I.

We hope everyone who has access to a rig next weekend will join in the fun.

73,  John, K4BAI

For Sponsors, SECC and SEDXC.