[CQ-Contest] RDXC 24 hours M/M

Rytis LY4U cq-contest at lyradio.org
Thu Apr 8 01:45:09 PDT 2010

> I have no control over what is logged by the other operator.

Actually you do, almost total.

Here in Eastern Eu we traditionally have more local contests, where
incorrect exchange wipes QSO for both partners.

Why you do worry about your callsign received correctly on the other side,
but not that much about the exchange?

I think this develops very important skills for contesters - you vary the
manner in which you send the exchange - slow down, repeat, make slightly
wider pauses between numbers etc etc, both CW and especially SSB, depending
on:

a) who calls (involving your brain's internal database of contesters' calls,
knowledge of callsign systems over the world and so on) and how one calls
you;
b) the band, and band condx - working DX on 160 at the edge of audibility,
repeating the exchange doesn't sound extravagant, right? But the same
applies to working novice on 20 with S9+20!
c) presumed QRM level for the receiving station at the given moment (i.e.
when fighting for the freq etc.)
... and a lot more, this is dynamic, this makes contesting one bit more fun.

I think the rule is very good, and should be implemented in all contests
that have serial as a part of exchange (or anything else, what's not already
given to you by the PC beforehand).

73 Rytis LY4U