[CQ-Contest] Broken ARRL clean sweep mug

Ryan Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 15:07:31 PDT 2010

My XYL (KC2OYY) scored a clean sweep in the November phone sweepstakes
contest. Since this was her first she wanted the clean sweep mug so we
ordered one.  Lo and behold this week we found on our porch a box
delivered via Fedex. When we picked it up, it sounded like a bunch of
nuts and bolts inside.

Opened it and it was the clean sweep mug, shattered into about 10 pieces.

But what is remarkable is that the mug was not packed with any sort of
padding at all, not even brown paper.  It was just thrown in a box,
label slapped on and sent off on its way.

She's going to call ARRL on Monday but I find it really disappointing
that no one found it appropriate to pack such a fragile item with
care.

I hope everyone else got their mugs in one piece.

73

Ryan, N2RJ