[CQ-Contest] 2010 MARAC Contests

ka3qlf at comcast.net ka3qlf at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 12:35:55 PDT 2010

   Hello, I am pleased to announce the 2010 MARAC (Mobile Amateur Radio Awards Club) CW and SSB Contests. These are 48 hour contests which run simultaneously with each other. The dates and times this year are 0000Z May 1 through 2359Z May 2. Complete rules can be found by clicking here  Marac contest page , or by entering http :// www . marac .org/contests. htm  Note, this is the same weekend as the 7th area qso party, the New England Qso party, and the Indiana qso party. We have had excellent response from stations in those contests regarding exchanges, etc so participation in all 4 is very easily done.

   Please note, this contest is not, repeat is not a closed contest. One does not need to be a member of MARAC to participate, or to be eligible for awards. Award possibilities are plentiful in these contests. Plaques are awarded to the first and second place mobiles, first and second place fixed, and first and second place Mixed (Mobile and fixed, see below or contact me for further explanation on this category) station in each contest. Top scoring Canadian entry, and top scoring DX entry, PER CONTEST. Certificates are awarded to top mobile, fixed, and mixed in each state, as well as top score per Canadian province, and ARRL DX entity.  Any station who submits an entry with a minimum of 100 valid contacts will also receive a participation certificate.

    We are always looking for additional mobile participation. The creation of the mixed category is designed to allow people to not feel pressured into a long commitment from a mobile contest, and be forced to compete with mobiles on long trip.  Qualification into this category is achieved by making a minimum of 50 qso's from your fixed location, and by activation a minimum of three additional counties while mobile. The contest point system is also geared towards mobile activity. With each qso with a mobile worth 15 points, imagine if there were 200 mobiles each activating the minimum three counties for mixed participation, and 15 points a piece, contest points accumulate very quickly.

   As always, I am happy to receive feedback, or to answer any questions you may have concerning the 2010 MARAC contests. Feel free to contact me with anything you may have.  Thank you, and I hope to work you often

Scott, KA3QLF  MARAC contest Coordinator