[CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters

Doug Smith dougw9wi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:59:33 PDT 2010

Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:
> Technology will not undermine amateur radio. Operators unable to adapt and
> take advantage of newer technologies will undermine amateur radio.

Hear, hear.

The first thing that came to my mind when Pete posted was...

that despite the rules against its use during the contest by single ops, the RBN could have an effect on single-op operation.  And a positive one,
consistent with the rules.

I see the RBN, used *outside* contests (or at least, outside contests in which you're participating) as a useful tool to learn of those off-hours
openings your Elmer never told you about.

Who knows? - we might even learn about some openings *nobody* knew about.

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66