[CQ-Contest] change....

Geoffrey Way wayg at cape-vision.com
Wed Apr 14 05:38:48 PDT 2010

Whining about aspects of how a NEW contest is run would seem to me like whining, "aw,
that moonbounce contest stinks; you need to have a VHF amplifier, AND a gain antenna,
AND know where to point it, AND be able to point it there!"

I can imagine back in the early days of SSB, there were probably CW-only folks who
whined that they had to come up with new gear/new secondary equipment to participate
in voice operating events, too.

Please remember that where there's a will, there's a way. Instead of opposing,
re-direct; suggest GOOD or better yet, even BETTER alternatives. THINK! Get creative!

Invite like-minded persons to add strength to your views with their numbers. Maybe
suggest a more realistic post-contest deadline, or suggest mailing a freshly-burned
CD of the log to be postmarked by the close of the next day the post office will be
open? Maybe the organizers will need to experience a disappointing turnout due to the
nature the guidelines, and re-consider. Kudos for your wanting them to make it a more
desirable event for EVERYONE to participate in ahead of time.

But please, no more whining. I could whine in here about how I dislike the way ARRL
implements LOTW, but I don't, even though online logging/electronic log submission is
EXACTLY the subject at hand here. If you don't believe me, just read the very last
section of my QRZ.com page. That's where I did MY whining; so don't look at that part
of it if you don't like whining...

                Geoff Way, KA1IOR

         website: http://www.cape-vision.com/wayg/ka1ior