[CQ-Contest] In-state stations in QSO Parties...

aldewey at aol.com aldewey at aol.com
Thu Apr 29 03:50:16 PDT 2010

I might be missing something here but I certainly don't see anything wrong with rovers simply signing something like K0AD/DAK when they are roving.  I have been doing that for years in MNQP.  The logging software I use (Writelog) recognizes it as a unique station and does not list it as a dupe.

When I hear a station calling CQ W4XYZ/CTY it is clear to me that they are in the state having the QSO party and what county they are in.

When MNQP first started, we had two character county designaters.  We did get some comments that signing something like K0AD/DL could give the impression you are DX.  But with 3 character designators, I think that problem goes away.

73,

AL, K0AD