[CQ-Contest] VK SHIRES 2010

VK4TI vk4ti at wia.org.au
Thu Apr 29 14:52:48 PDT 2010

The VK SHIRES Contest is on again -

there are no rule changes but we have two QLD Shires that have amalgamated.

Tactics in the VK Shires include -

Making sure you work multipliers on both modes (they count twice)

Running the Low band VK stations and ensuring a good day on 15 and 10M (if they are open)

JA stations are very aware of VK Shires as CQTESTWIN the Japanese language logger has a module - so make sure you benefit form the JA prescence and give them out your local shire..

If you are unsure of your Shire code the list is available at ;

Starts: 06.00 UTC Saturday, June 12, 2009
Ends: 06.00 UTC Sunday, June 13, 2009

I. Contest Period: 24 hours for all stations, all categories.

II. Objectives: The objectives of this contest are for amateurs
around the world to contact as many VK shires as possible in the contest period.
IE. VK amateurs are to work the world including VK, whilst the rest of the world
can only work VK

III.

A) Bands:. 80 Metres 3.500 - 3.700 MHz, 40 Metres 7.000 -
7.250 MHz, 20 Metres 14.000 - 14.250 MHz, 15 Metres 21.000 - 21.350 MHz, 10
Metres 28.000 - 28.600 MHz. Please note there is no 75m dx window permitted.

B) Modes: SSB and CW only

This year the supporting loggers are:

VKCL http://web.aanet.com.au/mnds/

W3KM http://www.qsl.net/w3km/gen_log.htm

CQTESTWIN -japanese language logger

SUPER DUPER - http://www.ei5di.com/

Please make use of our software supporters packages..

Regards

Trent VK4TI
Bill VK4FW