[CQ-Contest] 2009 CQWW CW participation figures and logs accuracy

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Sun Aug 1 10:39:24 PDT 2010

That was also very interesting, Randy.

Obviously all of those 2,224,164 QSOs were made between one or two of
the 3,649 stations who submitted logs, but I wonder how many additional
QSOs were made between stations where neither of them submitted a log.
I guess there's no way of knowing that, but since only about a fourth of
the valid contestants submitted logs the total QSO activity could be a
lot higher than 2.2 million.

Also, I know that WPX is an increasingly popular contest and that the
number of submitted logs has been growing each year, but I wonder which
is growing faster ... the number of submitted logs or the number of
valid callsigns participating in the contest.

73,
Dave   AB7E