[CQ-Contest] /QRP

Gary k7zd at qwest.net
Tue Aug 17 18:59:50 PDT 2010

Ron, I echo your comment! Last year I killed myself running 5W in a
'test.. but the real gents were the ones who patiently took care to copy
my call.. the UBN showed I had 6 mis-copy me (they had to move on and I
understand that). And I had  a NIL. Hurt my score a lot, but still had a
great time. Think I'll stay in LP class until the bands really pick up
agn, why torture the good guys?? GRIN.. Some of these big-score QRP guyz
are AMAZING.. they have good locations and good antennas but run equally
with the guys with good skills running similar setups and 100W. It has
to be the op skill, because the EIRP disadvantage is overwhelming. Hat's
off to em'.. CU Gary K7ZD