[CQ-Contest] Keeping 'em honest

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 10:25:31 PST 2010

We had important out-of-town company thru the Thanksgiving weeked (until
Tuesday evening), so I did not get to make my trek to the W3LPL MM.  All I
got to do was an hour or so of here-and-there demonstration QSOs ("This is
ham radio contesting").  CT says 49 QSOs, 18 Zones, 31  Countries, 6,566
Points.  All S&P of the loud guys, except for a short attempt as a fresh
meat CQer on high up on 20M Sunday.  That got me a Ukrainian and a VE1, who
I hope will remember me in SS CW  :>).

I just submitted the log, not because my club will benefit from the points,
but because a couple of those big guns I worked did not, after a few
repeats, give me a clear indication that they copied my call/report.  They
are not in my log, and I want them to suffer the penalty if they claim the
QSO.

I did work one USA station, a K1 who thought I was answering his CQ, when I
was actually calling the European right next to him.  I hope the K1 keeps me
in his log.

73, Art K3KU