[CQ-Contest] Keeping 'em honest

KU7Y ku7y.cw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 09:07:21 PST 2010

Don't forget that the NIL works both ways.  If I log a contact that didn't
get my exchange but I thought he did, then I get the NIL.  So if I'm going
for a score I also remove any contact that I didn't get any indication of
QSL from.

If I'm just going to send in a check log then I log them all.

The last thing I want to do is cause someone else to get a NIL.  But I don't
want one either!

In the example given I would not have logged it either because there was
nothing to indicate that the run station got the S&P exchange.

Having done a fair amount of QRP contesting, I would think that my signal
had dropped down into the noise and the run station lost me, meaning the
contact was not completed.

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M