[CQ-Contest] Wasting Time

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Fri Dec 3 12:13:46 PST 2010

Hi Al

There are two ways to look at the wasted time argument. The first is
as you may have: priviliged prima donnas whining. The second, since
this is the forum for advice on contesting, is as advice.

Most of the complaints have merit: there is no reason to say 'please
copy', it can save time, in the right circumstances, to NOT send the
other guy's call, to not, as a CQ station, respond to everybody with
their own callsigns in phonetics (unless there's good reason (if you
hear N5KG and K5KG, or KZ5D and K5ZD or two or more similar calls at
the same time in the pileup).

For those on here that are looking for every bit of advice we can
offer, if the duscussion is posted as advice, can be quite helpful.
Particularly since not everybody can hang around until the Sunday
doldrums hit but want to make maximum impact from whatever time they
have.

73
Kelly
ve4xt