[CQ-Contest] Keeping 'em honest

Rytis LY4U cq-contest at lyradio.org
Sat Dec 4 02:23:50 PST 2010

Being at the "DX" side of the pileup, not signing after every QSO is in no
way a matter of keeping max rate (which in my opinion is very questionable
anyway). It's tactically justified as you try to pick those 3-5 stations who
already know your call and are still calling - QRP, little pistols, casual,
off your antenna pattern etc. How can this be called "unsportmanslike"? As
long as the specific Contest rules don't require to sign after every QSO, I
will always try to sign just "TU" as long as possible while there are takers
still.

And by the way, have never in my conscious contesting life called a station,
without hearing the callsign, no matter how long I need to wait, this is the
way it is. But sometimes I do "?" or "CL?" ;)

73 Rytis LY4U
signed IU9T M/S in CQ CW