[CQ-Contest] Thursday running of the SNS

Chris Tate - N6WM ctate at ewnetinc.com
Wed Dec 8 11:41:16 PST 2010

Greetings to the contesting community!  I am excited and honored to take over as Director of the SNS, and want to pass on my thanks to Mike, W9RE for many years of service in this position.

We will be taking a close look at several things/options over the next few months, so stay tuned for info and announcements in the future, but for now, tomorrow is Thursday.. so on to the business at hand!

****Announcing the NCCC's (Northern California Contest Club) weekly Thursday night running of the SNS.****

Please wait just a split second on jump balls ("ns" talk for several stations answering a CQ).  Please be aware of the fact that there are stations just getting acclimated to sprinting, and can be easily intimidated so keep a sharp friendly ear, and maybe let a station inheriting a frequency throw out a cq prior to calling them.

Please keep your speed to between 18 to 26  WPM.  Stations running on the higher side of this please be willing to QRS for some of the slower operators.  Remember we are trying to welcome new sprinters to our ranks!

We will be preceding the NS Ladder competition (A fantastic warm up for all!), with a 10 minute break prior. So for now, the Slow Speed NS is from 0200z to 0220z+ (Friday UTC, Thursday local time).  That's starting at 9:00pm EDT, 8:00pm CDT, 7:00pm MDT and 6:00pm PDT, local time Thursday .

Frequencies:
20 m      14037-14043
40 m      7040-7047
80 m      3537-3543

POWER: 100 watt limit.

If you don't hear a CQ, send a CQ and don't worry about the couplet since this is only practice and hopefully an introduction to sprints for newbies.  I think stations might answer a CQ more likely than call CQ themselves.  With that said remember that newbies are listening to get up the nerve to jump in so don't hesitate to make Q's.

NSL(NCCC Sprint Ladder #10) starts this week 0230z to 0300z (See N6ZFO's announcement).

The SNS, NS and NS Ladder and the NCCC/NS Net on 3610 immediately following are all part of the "Thursday night contesting" experience sponsored by the Northern California Contest Club!

Sites to help everyone for sprint contests.

NS home website is:
http://www.ncccsprint.com/
http://www.contesting.com/articles/198
http://n6tr.jzap.com/sprint.html

Need help with your logging software, macros, etc.? Feel free to drop me an email and we will do our best to assist!

73 es GL

More to come in the near future!

Chris
N6WM