[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW + Skimmer

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Thu Dec 23 09:27:07 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 11:38:34AM -0500, Aldewey at aol.com wrote:
> I would like to take this opportunity to make a few comments on this
> subject on behalf of NCJ.
>
> When multi-channel band decoders for CW started to show up several years

> obvious that the allowing the use of multi-channel band decoders made no
> sense because of the QSY rule.  It really came down to being an issue for
> the CW NAQP.  We decided to allow it in the Single Operator Class as long  as
> there was no connection via the internet or any other outside source.   In
> 2009, the NAQP rule was changed to state:
>
> "Technological methods of copying the information in the contest exchange
> are permitted as long as they are entirely contained within the station."

I am still confused.

K1TTT keeps saying that the NAQP only allows the use of narrow band code readers.

The aobve post from the NCJ seems to say you are allowing
multi-channel band decoders (such as the CW Skimmer) that decodes all
the CW signals it hears all the time.

Please explain.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR