[CQ-Contest] Revised 2011 NAQP Rules

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 25 01:41:18 PST 2010

Wow, thanks to Al and Bruce for reversing this rule.

I think it is incumbent on the rest of us to get the word out as well as
we can to minimize the number of folks who use Skimmer because they
didn't hear about the rule change.

I've sent the following to both the BC DX Club and the Orca DX &
Contesting Club for posting on their web sites.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
URGENT *** NAQP CW CONTEST RULE CHANGE *** URGENT

If you're planning on entering the CW North American QSO Party you may
have noticed that, until today, Dec 24, the rules stated that the use of
Skimmer will be allowed in the Single Op category.

The use of Skimmer by single ops in the upcoming NAQP CW has now been
disallowed.

See
http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php

Entry Classification
Section 5.a.ii.

Please note that, if you're an NCJ subscriber, the Jan/Feb issue has
already gone to print so will still show the old rules.

73, Jim VE7FO

Best way I can think of to get the word out is to send something like
this to every contest club that you know of.

I'm sure that some folks won't get the word and will use Skimmer.  For
the sake of the adjudicator, let's hope it's just a few.

Merry Xmas
Jim Smith VE7FO