[CQ-Contest] Revised 2011 NAQP Rules

Bob Naumann W5OV at W5OV.COM
Sun Dec 26 06:14:29 PST 2010

Dave,

The issue is not how the rules are written; it is having a common
understanding of what an unassisted single operator is.

I think that most of us do share that understanding and to quote our friend
from South Canada, it pretty much comes down to "a boy and his radio".

Why must we continue to "split hairs" on this issue?

73,

Bob W5OV

-----Original Message-----
From: cq-contest-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:cq-contest-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of David Gilbert
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2010 3:06 AM
To: Jim Smith; cq-contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Revised 2011 NAQP Rules

Wow ... you just significantly added to the mess.  CW Skimmer per se is
NOT disallowed by the newly revised rules.  An unassisted operator can
still use CW Skimmer in narrow band audio mode as a single signal code
reader or in wide band Blind Mode as a waterfall display.

When are folks going to stop trying to write rules focusing on the
specific means and start figuring out how to write rules that define the
required end result?  And if you can't understand the difference you
shouldn't even be trying.

Dave   AB7E