[CQ-Contest] wide-band cw decoding: the heart of the problem

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Mon Dec 27 18:38:30 PST 2010

K7SV said:

> As far as I am concerned, Hans succinctly hit the nail on the head
> when he
> said "If it points you to a QRG outside your current audible passband
> which
> contains a new callsign or a new multiplier, it is assistance."

Yes, that would be the heart of the problem, as the operator in that
case had nothing to do with finding the station to work (or not to work
- avoiding wasting your time calling somebody you have already worked
seems to me to allow you to spend your time doing something else likely
to be more beneficial than making a zero point Q).

It still seems that it would be much easier to define the basis of the
competition - the operating functions - if it is that radiosport for SOs
is to stay a competition based on them doing the operating.

Radiosport as a competition based on operating being important to others
was good to see here.  I also do not believe in my time I have ever seen
the ruling elite back down when the unwashed masses did not like what
was being done to them by NAQP.

In human endeavors, this overall approach to things has generally been
found to be less than optimum.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.