[CQ-Contest] Revised 2011 NAQP Rules

Bob Naumann W5OV at W5OV.COM
Thu Dec 30 05:03:45 PST 2010

Jim,

I think what you did was admirable, and appropriate.

I would rather have someone think they can't use skimmer at all than to
think they might be able to use any function is might be capable of.

As I've said before, we all know what functions of skimmer we're talking
about when we talk about them being unacceptable for unassisted single ops.

Too often we try to focus on what triggers something to be considered
assistance. This is the wrong way to look at the issue.

The focus instead should be "what are the characteristics of an unassisted
single op"?

Simply, an unassisted single op locates all potential qsos and copies all
callsigns himself with nothing else doing those things for him.

Again, if this unassisted single op cannot copy CW on his own, I think an
exception can/should be made to allow him to use some sort of "code-reader"
to get involved in the fun too.

73,

Bob W5OV