[CQ-Contest] Bandpass filtering

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Dec 31 02:56:55 PST 2010

Yes, Frank did indeed tell me that, Mario.

I am not concerned in this case about damage to the receiver, which I am
dealing with otherwise.  The problem I want to address is that when I
transmit on 20, the receiver on 10 is wall-to-wall with my own signals.
Same is true, I'm sure, on 40/20, 80/40 and 160/80.  This prevents my
copying stations while I'm transmitting, causes Skimmer to spawn many
spurious decoders, and eventually results in spurious spots (mis-copies
of my call).

I've gotten a lot of helpful input from guys on this reflector.  Thanks,
everyone, and let's let the reflector get back to its intended topics.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com