[CQ-Contest] new logging program available

RT Clay rt_clay at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 31 20:45:50 PST 2010

I'm releasing a new contest logging program I've been working on for the last year. Its name is so2sdr, and the general idea is to explore uses of SDR technology for unassisted SO2R cw contesting. By unassisted, I mean that the program DOES NOT DECODE any cw. It is freely available at:

http://code.google.com/p/so2sdr/

At this point although I have operated a while using the program, it is still a work in progress, so expect to find bugs and things that are not complete.

so2sdr features:

-it is dual-platform, running under both Windows and Linux

-a SDR panadapter is integrated into the bandmap for showing dupes/new calls:

Dupe qso's are marked on the bandmap in a different color. By actually marking the signal traces, it becomes easy to see potential new stations on a band---they stand out immediately (see screenshot at above web page). There is no need to tune across a band sequentially, just jump around to new signals.

-logging interface is somewhat like trlog

Hardware (and specific contest) support is somewhat limited right now:

-radios: Elecraft K3 and K2
-cw generation only via Winkey
-SDR: soundcard based SDR connected to rig IF (Softrock, LP-PAN, etc). 96 KHz stereo sampling needed. One is needed for each radio.
-parallel port for headphone/radio switching

have fun & HNY! You can send bug reports to so2sdr (at) gmail.com

Tor
N4OGW/5