[CQ-Contest] Rookie Contest

Bob AD5VJ rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 13 06:48:08 PST 2010

I understand the reason for a time limit and agree there should be a time
limit on submitting logs for any contest. However, 10 mins after the contest
is just a little too short in my opinion. Too many possibilities of
extenuating circumstances keeping one from meeting the time limit even if
his intent was to do so.

I know we want to target those who are lackadaisical in their submissions
and agree we need to do something about them.

I usually submit right after the contest, however, I have had circumstances
here that would prohibit doing so.

I agree let's think in terms of a time limit because there is nothing worse
for a sorter to have to languish for days on end waiting for final logs to
come in, but let's think in terms of one that would work even if there was
trouble with submitting it.

I have sometimes had internet problems for longer than 10 mins.

Let's consider 24 hours or 48 hours or something along that line, enforce it
and stick to it.

73,
Bob AD5VJ