[CQ-Contest] USA stations in ARRL DX

Dave - AB7E xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Feb 24 10:51:18 PST 2010

I try to be as polite as I can (typically by sending "DX ONLY 73"), but I no longer work stateside stations during ARRL DX contests.  Every time I work one it just encourages others on frequency to call.  In the past I've literally generated mini-pileups of stateside stations by working just one or two, which tells me that the majority of those folks know exactly what the contest is about.  Personally, I think it is rude of them to call when they know better ... they've simply decided that their desire for a contact or a card trumps my desire to compete in the contest.  Last year was particularly bad because of the Triple Play award, but it's always particularly bad in the SSB contest.

73,
Dave   AB7E