[CQ-Contest] Origin of Cabrillo

Don Field don.field at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 04:13:54 PST 2010

As I told Franki, Trey was staying with me on one occasion and he mentioned
that he had noticed the place name Maidenhead en route to here (it's about
10 miles away from where I live). I explained that Maidenhead locators were
so-named because they were agreed at an IARU conference held in Maidenhead.

So when Trey developed the logging format he decided to adopt a similar
approach and name it after a local place name.

Don G3XTT