[CQ-Contest] re" Did I cheat in NAQP CW?

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 12 17:47:02 PST 2010

>  3.  Late in the 'Test I made a desperate jump to 40M (which was already

> pretty dead by the time I started the 'Test).  I heard somebody tuning up,

> and a well-know station in GA called CQ NA.  I listened for a moment, and

> heard him get no answers.  So I called him by name, and said "You are vy

> loud but nobody is here.  GL"

Art,

I'm glad that you stopped by and told me I had a good signal. We just moved
into a new

house in September and you confirmed my that my center-fed zepp , which is
about 25 ft

higher than at my old QTH is working well.

I had just QSYed from a good run on 80 that had died down and worked a
couple loud east coast stations on 40 before you heard me

CQing, so I was planning to stay there for awhile

73, Jeff KU8E/4