[CQ-Contest] AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CQ CONTEST COMMITTEE

Kostas Stamatis sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Mon Jan 18 12:22:09 PST 2010

I would like both categories one with cluster and one without.
But..
I would like the "default" category would be this with the cluster.
Let's say that a category called single operator where clusters and skimmer
are allowed
and a second category called Unassisted which is what we call SOAB today
(clusters and external help are not allowed).
I believe that the most of the non speaking english people use clusters and
send their log like "soab" instead of the right "soab assisted".
At least i know many people in Greece (which is a country where many people
speak English) do this.
I can imagine that this is much more in Eastern Europe, etc.
Finally all hams use clusters in every day operation. We can not ask from
them to close down every weekend when the most dx are out there or to "find"
the right category to send their log.

When i was in university and we had examinations, professors announced first
the unofficial results. We could make our objections and after that they
announced the official results. Why we can not do the same in contests. This
will stop cheating at once.
73 Kostas SV1DPI