[CQ-Contest] XTREME category...a colossal BUST?

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Tue Jan 19 17:17:19 PST 2010

FWIW:

I am not personally in favor of the Xtreme category.  Never have been, have
no interest in it, and all things considered, would have passed on the
entire idea.  The details of that for another discussion another time.

So, that being said... it hasn't even been a year, a full contest season,
since the category was announced.  If we're going to give it a fair shake,
it needs at least another 2 years of existence before it is declared viable
or dead as a doornail.

Otherwise, it was a colossal waste of time.  It might be more trouble than
it's worth, but unless we give it sufficient time... well, then it's time to
fire Conan and replace him with Jay, if you know what I mean.

73