[CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspottinganditsimpact

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 06:59:06 PDT 2010

Would it be possible for the individuals who control the main spotting clusters to devise a filter of sorts for the next WRTC, where any spot for a WRTC team call doesn't make it onto the cluster.  I don't know much about the software workings of a cluster, but it seems like something could be done like that.  Maybe set it up so close "busts" also wouldn't show up.

It might also be interesting in the next WRTC to still do it field day style, but give each time something like a FT450 and a dipole to use.  See what the ops could do with a little pistol setup.  That would really bring out the operating skill in them.

73s John AA5JG