[CQ-Contest] WRTC coverage

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 16:31:53 PDT 2010

This is a copy of my comments to Jeff, K1ZM, on his posting on the NCJ's WRTC blog:

Jeff:

This is a great report, very informative. I'm sure the overall story about WRTC-2010 will be fascinating; I hope someone qualified will write it, and that it will be published where it belongs: in either QST or CQ, not in a specialty publication like the NCJ or only on the web. The story about the first WRTC, 1990 in Seattle, was very well written by John Crovelli and got prominent display in QST. The story of WRTC 2010 is even sexier, because of the Field Day style of setup, because it was held in Russia, and because the top scorers were not all North Americans.

There's been a real absence of blog posts here by participants, and almost no comments, so I doubt anybody will read this (my comments). I hope you at least see them. I am going to cross post on cq-contest.

Cheers,

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Atlantic City