[CQ-Contest] N6TJ AXIOMS OF LIFE

N7mal n7mal at citlink.net
Sun Jul 18 09:45:43 PDT 2010

Paul said: "" Once amateur radio contesting becomes indistinguishable from
or inseparable from the internet, it will have ceased to be
amateur radio ""

N7MAL said, earlier this year on another list: ""The personal touch is going
to go away and the skimmer robots will take over all the spots. IMHO that
will be a sad day not only for the cluster system but ham-radio in general""

I think we are both being a little presumptuous. Ham-Radio will survive just
fine, it's our little corner, DXing & Contesting, that will change
dramatically unless someone/somehow takes a stand against the mis-use of the
DX Cluster system during contests. The most likely candidate to make changes
is the sponsors and it's not going to happen,,,, and we all know why.

I don't understand this new generation that has to be spoon fed everything
during a contest. Over the years I've never had a problem finding/working
ZD8Z, D44BC, HC8N, PJ(whatever), etc etc etc and I'm just a lil pistol. Even
as a lil pistol I've had my own run freq during contests and all of the
sudden my rate jumps up. Sure enough I look at the cluster and someone
spotted me. I'll never understand it.
Which is worse the guys who must be spoon fed or the guys who are spoon
feeding them..??..
73

MAL
N7MAL