[CQ-Contest] Spots and Success in the WRTC - a little data for discussion

Robert Brandon rb at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 06:38:05 PDT 2010

Of course mode selection would have an impact.  Those who did more SSB would
have fewer Skimmer spots.

And band selection might also make a difference.  Stations that spent more
time on the low bands would probably get fewer Skimmer spots due to reduced
S/N ratio there.

And I would think that stations with better run frequencies (i.e., a bigger
hole with less QRM) would allow Skimmer to better discriminate the signal.
I know some think it's better to squeeze into a small hole to be in the
bottom of the band than to go high in the band.  I'm not sure what's best
for rate in WRTC, but the latter strategy would likely mean more spots.

Robert K5PI