[CQ-Contest] Yaesu rotor conversion to 220 volts

Ryan Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 05:35:23 PDT 2010

If you really can't convert it to 220v one option is an inverter.

Get a 110VAC inverter and connect it to your 12V power supply. Make
sure the inverter and power supply has enough capacity to drive the
rotor.

"Modified sine wave" (square wave) inverters should be fine. True sine
wave inverters will be preferred of course but they can get expensive.

73
Ryan N2RJ

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM, marko.L.myllymaki at nokia.com
<marko.L.myllymaki at nokia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> In next couple days I'm looking to buy Yaesu rotor in US, either G-450A or G-800SA and ship directly into location for fall contest.  I will not see the rotor until November.
> Does anyone here know how to exactly convert either of these rotor models for 220 V operation ?  Information I found in a web is bit confusing and Vertex phone line puts you on eternal hold and eventually hangs up.
> 73 de Marko N5ZO

Ryan A. Jairam,