[CQ-Contest] IARU 2009 and 2010 and ????

LY8O ly8o at ot.lt
Wed Jun 9 09:17:11 PDT 2010

Hello,

After all circus with few HQ station results in the last IARU contest the last information about HQ category in 2010 sounds destructive and have no future. For me, as a LY0HQ team member, and for many other amateurs who preparing to participate in the HQ teams around the World I believe the words below sounds like a monkey business or like a simple disabling from CC side:
"Effective with the 2010 IARU HF World Championship, no adjudication
of HQ station logs will be conducted by the ARRL," wrote Patton. (NN1N)
I can't believe this is all the CC could do... In this case I see a reason to exclude HQ category at all because I thing number or participators will decrease very noticeably - many will decide to participate in SO or M/S categories.
On the other hand there is a possibility to reduce own country supporters weight in the final results - just to change points per QSO weigth. If we lets say will go to the scoring 1 point for own country, 2 points for a different zone in the own country, 3 points for different country in the same zone, 5 points for a different zone in the same continent and 10 points for a different continent (or something else) - the final picture will be different. Perhaps there could be and other solutions as well.
So I think CC must to decide very clear - to exclude HQ category at all or let to compete HQ stations with each other because this i a contest but with rules changes.
Thanks for reading.

73, Remi LY8O
member of LY0HQ team
The only real QSL manager of LY0HQ since 1996.