[CQ-Contest] public logs (there are no secrets)

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 14 13:28:37 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Hank Garretson <w6sx at arrl.net> wrote:

> Actually not.  I gently suggest that if you don't want your log made public,
> then don't submit it.

Hi Hank,

I have been castigated in the past by one contest sponsor (in private,
fortunately), for stating that because I did something that was not
allowed by the rules, I chose not to submit my log.  The claim is that
they NEED it for log checking (no one NEEDS my log, though they might
WANT it).  Why can't I choose to be like every other casual
participant who makes a few contacts and doesn't send in log?  So even
though my log might end up as a check log, it could still be made
public (not that I care).

Perhaps we need a new Cabrillo tag that says:

LOG_TYPE:  <PRIVATE|PUBLIC>

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us