[CQ-Contest] NS Ladder-8 -- Final Week

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 16:03:26 PDT 2010

The conclusion to the NCCC  Thursday Night Contesting Sprint Ladder -8
(NSL-8) competition has two close races, in our West and NCCC Divisions;
w7why vs w7om and n6zfo vs w0yk.

Join us on 20,40, 80 and 160 m cw with 100w and the NA Sprint type
exchange:  #  Name   St/Prov.
Time: 0230-0300Z (Friday, Thursday night US)
Freq: ~40 up on 20-80, 1815 on 160m.

Rules at http://www.ncccsprint.com/rules.html

In our five Divisions:

West: The focus for Thursday:  Tom, W7WHY has had the lead all through the
ladder. But steadily Rod, W7OM has posted some outstanding scores.  Our
system counts the high 6 scores of 10 weeks; because Rod has been in  5 NSL
events his full score counts this week whereas Tom will get only the
differential between this week's score and his lowest one.  Too close to
call and there's a very outside chance that master-sprinter K7SS could
surprise us.

NCCC:  Unless he posts a score that wins his own "NS X Prize," the Locust
will not overtake Ken, N6RO.  There's a much tighter race  for 3rd and 4th
between W0YK and N6ZFO, with just 33 points separating their high-6 scores .
  that's one qso out of around 275 for six nights.

Atlantic:  NO3M looks like a clear winner, although Howie, N4AF is close on
his tail.  see
http://www.ncccsprint.com/2010ns8-w9.html

East Central: Outside chance that our perennial winner N4OGW could overtake
Karl, K9BGL, a consistent regular in the NS Ladder, but Karl's outstanding
2000+ scores in the past two ladder weeks will be hard to beat.

West Central:  There's no beating Jim, N3BB in this Division, not even
close.

Our learning and warm-up session, the Slow NS (SNS) takes place 30 mins
earlier at 0200Z on 20-40m, with Mike, W9RE hosting this practice session at
speeds starting at 18 wpm and increasing to 26 as the time progresses toward
the NSL at 0230Z.

Thank you to the 100 or so sprinters who've participated in NSL-8.  After a
three-week break NSL-9 begins on July 23.  In between, we'll have Thursday
night NS, under Ken, N6RO's expert direction.

If you're not on the NSL relector, nccc-blue and would like to be, please
drop a note to n6zfo at arrl.net.

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest Director for NCCC Sprint Ladder