[CQ-Contest] FD Class D CQ (was: Field Day and contesting...)

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 17:01:09 PDT 2010

Rex said:

"If   I remember correctly  Once Upon a Time Class D stations were not
supposed to call CQ ??"

I don't know about "once upon a time", but the Rules do not disallow it
now.  I just looked.  The Rules for Field Day are on the ARRL web site ...
under Contest Rules (this irony has been noted in the past).

Last year or the year before, after I fiddled in FD for an hour or so at
home, I suggested that "D" stations not be allowed to call CQ.  Another one
of my unpopular ideas.

73, Art K3KU